Plant Manager (Tesjoki Finland)
Responsible for the site Safety, Health and Environmental compliance together with the maintenance of professional relationships with the relevant authorities, local community and neighbours. Directs and co-ordinates the manufacturing facility to ensure that customer expectation on quality and service level are met in a cost effective manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring the site operation is in compliance with our policies for safety, health, environment and sustainability.
- Emergency Duty Manager for the Management of Major Accident Hazards
- Responsible for cascading corporate strategy for M&L through local programmes, communicating the vision, strategies and programmes and stewarding progress at a plant level.
- Sponsors the local SH&E initiatives and programs to drive improved performance.
- Ensures plant compliance with all Safety, Health and Environmental laws and Local Authority regulations.
- Maintains effective programmes for operational sustainability.
- Responsible for the cost-effective use of resources in order to manufacture quality product to delivery dates agreed with the customer.
- Liases with the Research and Marketing groups on the introduction of new products. Operates systems that deliver these products in a timely
- Operates the packaging and warehousing facilities in a manner that optimises inventories whilst satisfying despatch commitments.
- Ensures that maintenance and inspection programmes are in place that will guarantee the integrity and reliability of the equipment, in line with production needs and statutory requirements.
- Orders the raw materials in line with the agreed production schedule.
- Develops projects to support the business need to introduce new capabilities and improve cost effectiveness. Maintains design and engineering skills in line with these requirements.
- Manages the agreed investment plan, to complete new projects safely, on time and within budget.
- Maintains a management system that supports quality processes covering all aspects of the plant operations.
- Sponsors continuous improvements throughout the organisation and ensures the maintenance of quality standards including ISO9001, ISO14001, OHSAS18001.
- Is responsible for the selection, recruitment, training and developments of personnel to ensure that appropriate resources are in place to support the operation.
- Ensures that appropriate crisis management programmes are in place.
- Develops the annual plant goals including the operating budget and is responsible for stewardship of actual performance against these goals.
- Seeks out opportunities for improvement in the operation and drives the implementation of improvement initiatives
- Coordinates the root cause analysis of external or internal customer issues via the complaint tracking system ‚case Management‘ and takes action to put in place improvements identified.
- Degree level study in Engineering, preferably in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry or equivalent experience
- Experience of Lean manufacturing processes
- Previous plant management experience, preferably in a merger environment
- Experience must include detailed knowledge of at least 2 additional supply chain functional areas, including Distribution, Planning, Quality, Engineering, Compliance, Regulatory and HR.
- Proven ‚Safety First‘ approach
- Several years of Lean manufacturing
- Hands-on, communicative and open approach to work.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong budgeting experience and understanding of supply chain financial management
- Developed customer service skills
- ISO / regulated / Seveso / COMAH GMP manufacturing experience preferred
- Operational experience of SAP preferred