Manager Operational Excellence – Frankfurt
Food / 3PL
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for supporting units in implementing all levels of OPEX.
- Take on an active role in OPEX project streams as appropriate and act as an auditor for units achieving the levels.
- To work closely with colleagues in the units to review capacity and layout planning and benchmark against industry standards.
- To provide support to units as required for tender processes and eventual start-ups – lead and manage process streams as required.
- Present and document all findings clearly and concisely for management and staff.
- To work alongside the employees and management in the unit to get their buy-in and cooperation for continued improvement.
- Work with local management on operational restructuring of processes and ensure standardisation and consistency where possible.
- Will spend up to 80% of working time travelling.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in engineering or related field
- Advanced degree in related field is desirable
- Have at least 5 years’ experience in a similar environment
- Six Sigma / Lean manufacturing
- A self-starter with the ability to use initiative in a challenging environment
- Proven experience in a manufacturing / food environment
- Change Agent and proven team leadership skills (direct or dotted line), preferably in an industrial environment.
- Desired expertise in process improvement and/or operational management including cross European experience
- Team player
- Prior program management / project management experience is a pre-requisite
- Negotiation skills
Skills & Knowledge
- Demonstrated excellent communication and influencing skills both orally and in writing
- Experienced in working across different levels within the organisation and with people from a range of backgrounds
- Self-starter and able to schedule and manage multiple activities in the same timeline
- Understanding of data analysis and statistical tools
- Experienced user of Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Use English as the working language fluent in German an advantage